April 2014 Visit Teaching Handout/Poem: Our Worth and the Atonement

I was really impressed by this quote that was in the April 2014 Visit Teaching Message: "Linda K. Burton, Relief Society general president, said: “Heavenly Father … sent His Only Begotten and perfect Son to suffer for our sins, our heartaches, and all that seems unfair in our own individual lives.

“… One woman who had been through years of trial and sorrow said through her tears, ‘I have come to realize that I am like an old 20-dollar bill—crumpled, torn, dirty, abused, and scarred. But … I am still worth the full 20 dollars.’ This woman knows that she … was worth enough to [God] to send His Son to atone for her, individually. Every sister in the Church should know what this woman knows.”"

As I was thinking about a little gift or handout to give the sisters I visit I though about the above story.  So using it as some inspiration, I came up with this little poem.

Free Printable:
.


I purchased these small plastic bags at Walmart in the craft department.  They were perfect to put the quarter in.  Choose a quarter that has seen better days, that is "tarnished and dull". Place it in the bag, punch two small holes into the bag and the card. Then string some rope through it and tie it into a bow.


Here is the link to my post on April 2014 Visit Teaching w/ handout

Here is the link to previous Visit Teaching Posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...