Emergency Preparedness Super Saturday Ideas (Relief Society)

Preparedness is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as... "the fact of being ready for something : the state of being prepared."

This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend a Relief Society Super Saturday all about Emergency Preparedness.  It was great to be able to visit with the other sisters in the ward and give each other ideas on how to be prepared.  I was excited to be able to share some of the things I have put together for my family.  I thought I would share them on here also, as well as share some of the other ideas that were shared that day.


The "Go Bag":


The idea is to have one of these "Go Bags" for each family member and have them in their rooms where it will be easy to grab and go.  Here is a link to the posts I have done on getting one ready.

Important Information Binder:


This page should be filled out for each family member and put in a small binder or three ponged folder and put in  their "Go Bag".  Other items that should also be put in the binder are:
-Make copies of Birth Certificate.
-Make copies of Social Security Card
-Make copies of Adult ID's such as Driver's License
-Make copies of Immunization Records
-Make copies of Marriage License
-Make copies of Current Medication Labels and directions
-Copy of Family picture (this would be beneficial to have if separated or even just as a comfort item)
-Child ID/Safety kit (There are many sites out their that offer these kits for free.  Also, a lot of times in children's picture packets from the school they will include one.  Some kits even include a swab for DNA.  It is important to have one where you can provide a picture, a description of your child, and fingerprints.) ***Once you get one, do it***
***A great idea one of my friend gave was to laminate all of these items, so they will be protected.***


Hot Pad First Aid Kit:


 These cute little first aid kits have been around for a while.  I made my first one probably over 10 years ago. They are so easy to make and so handy!! I had one in my car and someone like it so much they stole it. Above is a list of items I put into my kits.

72 Hour Kit Ideas:


This is my 72 Hour kit list.  These are the items I have in my kits and how I have them stored. 

Emergency Preparedness Car Kit:



3 Month Food Storage Supply Ideas: Click HERE For the Link

Long term storage items: 
(This is a great link, with a list of foods with a long shelf life)
Here are some more ideas:
-Honey
-Salt (the good stuff with minerals)
-Rice



These are the other ideas they had at the Super Saturday:

Emergency Washing "Machine"/Container:




We were lucky to have these buckets donated to us, they are from a dairy and are sherbet containers, thus the wording "Citric" on the lid. They smell wonderful!  The wonderful sister who put the Super Saturday together had all of the holes drilled for us already.  It looks like you drill a hole in the lid large enough for the plunger to move freely through.  Then you drill little holes in the plunger.

Portable Potty:


I love these!  I already had one, but thought it would be nice to have two. Here is a link to Utah.gov's website Be Ready Utah. It has a list of what you will need for your portable potty.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I'm extra conscious about safety and I have this entire collection of safety bug out bags and emergency kits. I had been looking for an emergency kit today for storms and tornadoes and stuff. I jumped across your blog today and I think it's quite thought provoking since it makes safety all the more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea for a Super Saturday. Good change from the usual crafts.....especially here where we get hurricanes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey!! Aaaa.... hurricanes!! I must say they are on my list of fears :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...