July 2014 Visiting Teaching Message : The Divine Mission of Jesus Christ: Advocate

July 2014 Relief Society Visit Teaching Message: The Divine Mission of Jesus Christ: Advocate
As I read through July's Visiting Teaching Message I was impressed by this scripture,

“Listen to [Jesus Christ] who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—

“Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;

“Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life” (D&C 45:3–5).


What a blessing it is to know that I have an older brother that loves me so much. Who is perfect in every sense of the word and even though he is without flaw, He suffered immensely for me and all of my imperfections and flaws. By doing so he is my advocate to our Father that is in Heaven. What is even more special about this is, he is not only my elder brother, but everybody who has and will exist on this earth. He is their advocate also.

In pondering over the question:

"How can the advocacy of Jesus Christ inspire us to extend mercy and forgiveness to others?" (July 2014 Ensign: Visiting Teaching Message)

I am inspired by the love that Jesus has for each one of us.  We are all our Heavenly Father's spirit children. It is our responsibility to forgive others freely.  As I have thought about this question, I have a stronger desire to be more empathetic towards others, to show more mercy and be more understanding and to freely forgive.

Free Printable:
Printing tip: Click on image and save it to your computer. 
You will then be able to print the image from your computer.



Gift/Handout Idea:
I have had a really hard time coming up with a gift idea.  When I think of advocate and the Savior, I think of him as my friend. someone that would fight for me.  So, I think I will probably do something along the lines of friendship.

Here is the link to previous Visit Teaching Posts.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this!!
    it really helps me to get more motivated to do the work!! makes it more fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment The Farm-Marm. Doing these posts has helped motivate me also :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...